Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Whirlwind

Sometimes life with 5 kids can be a bit of a whirlwind. Some days I feel like I am whirling from one place to another. Sometimes I feel like I am never fully in one place, that my mind is split in two. I feel like instead of doing one job well I am doing several jobs halfway. I am trying hard to rectify this occurrence but let's face it, I do have 5 active kids!

Tomorrow is going to be one of those whirlwind days. I will get the kids up at 7 am and make breakfast. I will chase them all over the house and tell them to stay on task 1.2 million times. I will get the twins dressed and help Tyler - he has a fancy field trip tomorrow.

At 8 am I will have a few extra kids come over to hang out before school. At exactly 8:30 we will head out the door and walk to school. We will be on time because I plan on herding them the whole way there....

Then I will come home and clean the house like a mad woman. Monday morning at 9:30 am I will be hosting a birthday brunch for my friend. There will be a nice group of women coming to my house on Monday morning. What is the big deal??? Well, we are going to away this weekend. We will not get home until Sunday afternoon and I am pretty sure I will be wiped out at that point! SO, I MUST clean the whole house by lunch time tomorrow.

I will pack all 7 of us up for a weekend getaway. I don't even need to expound on that one - YIKES!

Then I will make lunch, eat lunch, clean up lunch and get ready for the Daisy meeting. I am a daisy troop leader, have I ever mentioned that??? I am Olyvia's leader, we have a huge troop of super great girls. It is Olyvia's only activity outside of soccer and church.
I digress, what was my point? Oh yes, it is yet another activity that, although it is fun, does take up our time. So, tomorrow I will be prepared and at the meeting by 2:30pm. I will. I will. I will.

I will come home by 4:30 and make dinner, eat dinner, clean up dinner.

Then we will put all of the kids in the car and we will drive off in to the sunset....
I think by the time we actually get in to the car and go, we will be literally driving off in to the sunset - it will be that late! I think that once we get on the freeway I will remember what we have forgotten and it will be too late. If anyone knows what I have forgotten please leave it in the comment section below - thank you!

Then in a "Dorothy goes to Oz" fashion I will end my Friday. My whirling swirling day will be over and I will relax. Oh yes, yes, I will.

I hope I will complete each task with the care and attention it deserves. I hope to enjoy everything while I am there, actually doing it. (all but the house work). I hope I can focus on where I am and who I am with. I hope I can do my job well. I will pray a thousand times during the day. I will pray for strength, patience, and more minutes in the day. I know it sounds hectic but I do love my job and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Look at my crew! They are SO worth all of the whirling!


2 comments:

  1. Yep - definitely worth the whirling! I hope you guys have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whirl away my friend, whirl away! Drive safely and have a nice... relaxing... time! BREATHE! :)
    And when you get home, I'll be over the swine flu, so you can fit me in the spin for a coffee night!

    ReplyDelete

say what?