Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Morning Message 10-26-09

It has been a very eventful 2 days. We have had missing/lost/found purses, broken windows, sick kids, and a few other mishaps. While not everything is awful, having several "incidents" happen at one time can feel like a burden. One can easily become overwhelmed at times like this. I could flip out (like I really would like to do) but in the end that is not helpful. Things happen and there is something to be learned from each occasion.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (New Living Translation)
1 For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.

There is a time for chaos and a time for peace. There is a time for sickness and a time for health. There is a time to flip out and a time to stay in control. Today I am going to make a choice to stay in control. I am going to pay attention and see if I can hear a whisper of meaning to the chaos that can consume a person. I am hoping to learn this lesson quickly and well so the good Lord will not have to find a reason to "teach" me again soon. Man, I hope it isn't supposed to be a lesson in patience!

2 comments:

  1. Good decision! I hope you find the answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan... stay cool, calm, collected! ;) Sorry it sucks right now! Praise God that He is still in control!

    ReplyDelete

say what?