Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Morning Message

Good morning! Welcome to the 1st day of my new blogging approach! I am trying to be a more consistent blogger so I am going to try and have a theme for certain days! We will see if this works better - I hope it does!

I decided that Mondays need to set the tone for the week so I am going to be posting my bible verse and thoughts about it first thing! I hope you will feel inspired and energized to put your best foot forward and get the week off right! Please leave me a comment if have enjoyed the verse and let me know how it helped you! OK, enough explaining - here we go!

sunrise Pictures, Images and Photos

1 Peter 1:6 (New Living Translation)

6 So be truly glad.[a] There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.


I think this verse is going to be my new mantra! The last few months have been a little difficult. We have had to make some big decisions, had some sick kids, and general chaos that is our life. Having a way to see passed it will help me focus on the light at the end of the tunnel and remember that whatever we are dealing with is not permanent.

This is particularly helpful today. Wesley has been sick for a week now with the stomach flu....my least favorite sickness other than pink eye! He is not able to keep food down and he is tired of not feeling well.

I AM going to call the doctor and make sure it is nothing more.

I COULD worry about this for hours and let my mind go crazy with "what if's"...

I COULD dare to Google it and really go nuts... but I WON"T!

I WILL just sit here and pray for his health to return to normal and remember that this is only temporary and I will endure this trial for a little while.

I WILL focus on the positive and remember that I have so much joy waiting ahead for me!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea for your blog! I have been living by that mantra for the past couple weeks now and it is saving my sanity. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Caryn! Hang in there and get ready for the joy that is to come! The one good thing about being in a valley is knowing the peak is next in line.
    Hugs for you and yours,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete

say what?