Friday, November 9, 2007

Life With Twins

The twins are almost 8 weeks now and they are just too precious! I love them so much - my heart just overflows. They are still so tiny! They both are still in preemie clothes and wearing newborn diapers. They have a total of 2 actual outfits, everything else is just jammies at this point. I know some day soon they will fit into newborn clothes, it is just a matter of time. I am trying to enjoy the time I have with them as teeny tiny babies because I know someday I will look back and miss these days. Layla and Ysabelle both enjoy crying. They say you can't spoil a baby but every time I pick them up they stop crying. Layla has cried herself hoarse. We have been calling her Janis Joplin and when she cries I sing "Take a Piece of my Heart" along with her! Ysabelle cries too but she cries short and hard. They are not really fans of "tummy time" and roll over almost as soon as you lay them down. We get a small reprieve when they agree to stay in their swings for a while, however, there is no telling when they are in the mood for it. They are starting to sleep a little bit more at night. I think we got about 5 hours straight last night. They both sleep in our bed and they both have to be cuddled up next to a mommy or a daddy, nobody sleeps alone! I have to admit I love sleeping with a tiny baby cuddled up in my arms, there is nothing like it! We are all tired and a bit delirious but I wouldn't trade one second of it! I love every minute of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what?