Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Birth Story

The babies are here and we are so very blessed!!!! The bottom line is that they are healthy and they came home from the hospital with us! For those of you that like details here is our story (to the best of my recollection)
Saturday the 15th of September was Wesley's 6th birthday party. Although I was technically on bed rest I have a hard time sitting back and just watching. We had a great day and the party was fantastic but I was exhausted at the end of the day. Sunday morning I woke up feeling very tired and sore. I started having contractions by mid morning but they were very irregular. At about 4pm the contractions were becoming stronger but they were still irregular so Bryan and I decided to take a walk and see what happened. We took a long walk and the contractions were coming every 4 minutes. I had an appointment the following day to see the OB so I was hoping to sleep in my bed one more time but it wasn't looking good. We got home from the walk and I wanted to see what would happen if I rested. The contractions slowed to 5 minutes apart but they were still strong. After a small debate between Bryan, my mom and myself we decided to go get checked at the hospital.
We got to the hospital at about 6:30 pm. The nurse hooked me up to the monitors and my contractions were 2 minutes apart but not all of them were strong. The nurse called my doc, who was in the middle of dinner, and told him how I was doing. He ordered a shot of terbutaline to see if the contractions would stop (long enough for him to finish dinner) but it did not work longer that 20 min. My doc showed up a little after 7 and he did an ultrasound. My little baby B, Ysabelle, had flipped up to a breech position and it looked like we were going to have to do a c section. Basically, I freaked out for a few minutes and then agreed to the c section. I was wheeled away and prepped for my major surgery(I am being dramatic but hey, it is my story). Bryan was somewhere else getting his scrubs on. The spinal was very uncomfortable but it worked. After what seemed like an eternity but in real life only a few minutes, Layla Elizabeth was born and 1 minute later Ysabelle followed. Layla was born at 9:07 @ 5lb 2oz, 16 1/2" long and Ysabelle was born at 9:08 and was 5lb 9oz, 17 1/2" long. I got to see them for a few minutes and then they left with Bryan to the nursery. I was put back together and taken into recovery until 11pm. We stayed in the hospital until the 21st, Wesley's actual birthday, and came home mid morning. The girl are doing great and we love them to pieces!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what?