Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Morning Message

November is here!!!

November is one of my favorite months

November means it is Fall which is my favorite season
(it will be nearly 80* here today but I hold hope that it will cool off soon)

November is a time to remember and acknowledge all we have been blessed with. It is a special time to give thanks to the Lord for all of His blessings. Doesn't that sound beautiful? Doesn't that sound so easy? It should be, but sometimes it is so hard to see what you have when things seem to be going so wrong. For the past week and a half we have had one or more sick children. It seems to be spreading like wildfire and I am starting to lose my mind a little bit. We have had coughing, fevers, vomit, hospital visits, force fed medicine, and countless other ailments that when stacked on top of each other can seem to swallow me whole! Yet in all of this I am to be thankful for all of my blessings.

The bible says
"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Thessalonians 5:16-18

How do I give thanks when my baby coughs until she throws up in her car seat? How do I give thanks when I am sitting in a waiting room filled with sickness and a baby that can barely open her eyes? How do I give thanks when I have had no sleep and a house full of people that do not care how much sleep I have had and rely on me to feed, clothe and care for them?

This is how -

Thank you Lord for giving me the twins. I had no idea how much I needed them in my life! I thank you for knowing what I need before I do and providing it for me. They give me more joy than I could ever express and for that Lord, I thank you!

Thank you for the luxuries in my life. Sometimes I take for granted the little things like a running car, money to put gas in it, and the car seat that keeps my babies safe. Thank you Lord, for blessing me with every day convenience.

Thank you Lord for my healthy baby. I know there are people with grave illnesses that need your healing hand. I thank you for the health of my children and that they are able to overcome minor illnesses. Thank you for doctors and nurses and medicine.

Thank you for making me a mother. I know it is what I was born to do in this life. Thank you for blessing me with 5 children and for entrusting me to care for them. Thank you for giving me strength each day to get up and not only get through the day but to make the best of it. Thank you for all of the smiles, hugs and kisses, for the laughs and for the tears - they are the blessings of Motherhood. For all of these things I give you THANKS.

Find joy today and be sure to give thanks to The Provider of everything you have.


4 comments:

  1. I love posts of gratitude. I myself often thank our Father in Heaven for some of those very same blessings.
    I am constantly reminding myself that He can see much further than I can, and some of these things which I see as tragedies or stumbling blocks right now, could very well be some of my greatest blessings later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C... you've made me cry - again! What a special woman you are --- God has gifted you with the ability to express the true things of your heart! I want ALLLLLLL my FB friends to read your blog --- may I have your permission to do a status post w/your blog address? It's ok if you say 'no' -- I just LOVE what you share & think it will speak to others... send me a msg on FB to let me know!! Beckie Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Caryn! So special! Praise God that when you thought you were done, He had a plan to bring a little Ysa and a little Layla... despite the surprise, He has provided and enriched your life with those little angels, and such personality! :) Thanks for the prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caryn! I love this! My favorite line: "I thank you for knowing what I need before I do and providing it for me". God has surprised me with so many blessings that I don't even recognize as blessings until later down the road. How wonderful to have a heavenly Father who is in control and knows better than I!

    ReplyDelete

say what?